I couldn't, under any circumstances, be labeled a "pink" girl. I do love Lilly Pulitzer, but one look at my closet reveals a lot of blue, green, and blue/green-aqua-turquoise type blends. But the spring weather these past few weeks has got me in a pink mood, and while I realized I don't have much in the way of pink clothes, I do have some pink products I swear by that you should know about.
Wherever you are, I hope you're enjoying spring!
1. Atelier Cologne's Sud Magnolia. I am heartily embarrassed (not to mention annoyed) that I didn't find out about Atelier colognes in France. Instead, Mom and I discovered them in Sephora and fell in love. They are unisex colognes made to be layered with each other to create your own unique fragrance. Magnolia is my favorite, combined with Figuier Ardent (fig). Not too sweet, but feminine and light, it's now my everyday go-to fragrance.
2. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Strawberry. I am a pale girl and just can't pull off dark, harsh, matte lipstick. This easy-to-carry, easy-to-apply stick is the perfect color. It gives me a tiny pop of medium pink to make me feel polished without looking like a hooker. Mom would be so proud.
3. Benefit Cosmetics That Gal Face Primer. After living in France, I've nearly stopped wearing makeup except for on special occasions. Skin care has replaced it as my beauty focus, but sometimes you still need a little help. I simply put this on after moisturizer and/or sunscreen to help even my skin tone and give me a bright boost. I don't even bother to wear foundation anymore, and I love it.
4. E.L.F. Cosmetics All-Over Stick in Persimmon. I think by now we've established I'm a white girl. I struggle to find blush that doesn't make me look like I should be on the corner of East North Street flaunting my "wares." This all-over shimmer stick turns out to be the perfect blush for me - I have gotten SO many compliments on it when I wear it. And you can't beat the price.
5. Toms Women's Classics in Rose Gold Sequins. The shoes make the outfit, and these are the perfect accompaniment to a lovely spring ensemble. Every time I look down at my feet, I'm happy. You can't beat that.
Leave a Reply.